Senior Data Engineer / Architect | Innovative Data Engineering Team
We are currently engaged in an exclusive search for a Senior Data Engineer / Architect.
- Lead a technical team that architects, builds, maintains, scales, monitors, administrates and secures the organisation’s analytics infrastructure.
- Create a solid, flexible, stable system that enables the company to deliver best-in-class analytics products to customers in the face of massive growth.
- Act as the functional lead, manage staff and do the hands-on work.
- Enable data access, data processing and data products by architecting, maintaining, scaling, monitoring and securing company machine learning production system (AWS, Python), Data Warehouse (Snowflakes), ETL system and data pipelines, and BI systems.
Key Skills Requirements:
- 7+ years of total experience with relational database development and 3-4+ years working in a Senior / Data Engineer / Architect capacity.
- Experience planning, building, and managing data infrastructures in a public cloud.
- Strong experience leveraging tools and platforms within the AWS ecosystem (EC2, S3, Aurora, Lambda, API Gateway, etc.).
- In-depth experience with MySQL databases and Snowflake’s data warehouse.
- Experience managing a business intelligence system.
- Strong proficiency with ETL development.
- Experience with one or more of the following: Python, Scala, and Java.
- Exposure to Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, and Hive.
- Comfortable with setting and meeting SLAs for data availability and quality.
- Understanding of Machine Learning/AI principles in data engineering.
- Scrum and/or Agile experience.
- Proven ability and willingness to make data-driven decisions.
- Proven ability to work with a high degree of autonomy.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred.