Data Scientist: Lead Innovative & complex data projects
Looking for an opportunity to contribute to further growth of this dynamic and fast-growing Technology Company. You will have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing their talents. The successful candidate will be able to drive business insights and influence others to drive growth in this business.
This role requires an individual with excellent technical, business and communication skills, enabling collaboration with solution architecture, product management, engineering teams and senior management. You will with strong attention to detail, and ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and a desire to shape the overall business group strategy.
Preferred Computer Science, Machine Learning, Master’s preferred in a quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics, computer science, finance, or economics or in another highly quantitative field. Three to five years plus of hands-on experience in predictive modelling and analysis.
Key Career Skills.
- Collaborate with Senior Management to ensure projects and outcomes will meet their meet the business requirements.
- Development and execution of a communication strategy, with appropriate coaching, that keeps all relevant stakeholders informed and provides an opportunity to influence the direction of the work.
- Reviews and evaluates on the appropriateness of techniques, given current modelling practices, to senior leadership
- Communicates to team members, leadership and stakeholders on findings to ensure models are well understood and incorporated into business processes.
- Programming experience in at least two of the following languages R, Python, Scala, SQL
- Works on data and business problems to drive improved business results through designing, building and partnering to implement models
- Drive the team in order to improve the effectiveness of business decisions through the use of data and machine learning/predictive modelling
- Understands the business’ problems to identify the optimal modelling approach.
- Utilises effective project planning techniques to break down moderately complex projects into tasks and ensure deadlines are kept