We are currently looking for a Senior Lead / Data Engineer to join a growing & Innovative Data Data Engineering project team. We are interested in talking to Data Engineering professionals who are looking for their next big career challenge & move to an award-winning Australian Organisation.
Senior/ Lead Data Engineer – Enterprise Data Platforms
The Data Engineer will work as a strategic part of a data software development team to design, enhance, and support data pipelines, data quality tools, data APIs, data-driven product features, and data-related software applications.
- Experience building microservice architectures, data pipelines, or processing frameworks
- 3+ years working in software development across Python, Java, Scala, Shell, etc
- Hands-on experience using, developing, and maintaining REST APIs
- Experience writing automated tests to ensure the quality of your software components
- Comfortable designing, developing, testing, and operating what you build
- Data processing on one or more cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, etc)
- Familiarity with privacy and security development best practices
Key elements of the role:
- Design, develop, and maintain software capabilities that will provide or improve management, accessibility, security, or accuracy of connected product data.
- Contribute to data framework by influencing cloud big data infrastructure, agile delivery methodologies, automation test processes, documentation strategies, and digital capabilities roadmap.
- Collaborate directly with data architects, product engineers, R&D developers, data scientists, and digital business owners to develop use cases, demo capabilities, test deliverables, and invent cool new data capabilities.
- Create user-facing tools and proof of concept implementations to promote use and understanding of our data.
- Ability to build scalable and performant data models
- Possesses strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and information retrieval
- Experience with agile development processes
- Execution focused – knows how to get things done
- Possesses a keen analytical mind with attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to present technical and non-technical information to various audiences