We are currently working closely with a high profile Client who is looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join their Project & Management Team in Sydney.
- A unique Career opportunity along with an excellent Salary Package
- A truly Innovative, Fresh and Dynamic Project Team
- An Opportunity to contribute to further growth of the Organisation
The candidate will drive business and process improvements by leveraging data assets and building proprietary methods for data triangulation and reconciliation of multiple sources. The Senior Data Scientist will be a thought leader in the area of analytics tools and methodologies, making recommendations to supplement and improve the analytics platform. The successful candidate will work collaboratively to leverage team expertise along with their personal knowledge to deliver superior results by driving sophisticated data analytics to create competitive advantage.
Important Functional Abilities
- Identifies unique opportunities to collect new data and mine existing data.
- Experience in disparate data sources and bridging various sources to create a market view that can be used as a proprietary source of market data.
- Experienced at leveraging both structured and unstructured data sources.
- Responsible for validation, quality control and integration of 3rd party data into systems ensuring cohesive, accurate reporting
- Designs new processes and is able to build large, complex data sets.
- Strategises new uses for data and its interaction with data design using a variety of techniques and applications across various data sources.
Key Career Experience
- Minimum 5 years experience supporting multiple business functions, preferably progressive responsibilities within an established analytics team across Enterprise Projects.
- Masters or other advanced degree in Statistics, Mathematics or a related quantitative discipline
- Experience with statistical methodologies and tools (R, SAS, SPSS, etc) and predictive modeling
- Experience with data visualisation tools such as Tableau and Qlikview
- Advanced knowledge of database technologies and SQL language for querying and manipulating datasets. Extensive exposure to data warehousing concepts including data integration and data warehouse objects
- General understanding of -Big Data- enabling technologies (Hadoop, BigTable, Mapreduce, Greenplum, Kettle)
- Ability to understand and apply data and data relationships across multiple sources and domains
- Excellent communication, and presentation skills a must.
- The ability to bridge the gap between data science and business management.
- Possesses both creative abilities and business knowledge.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Has strong organisational skills, is detail oriented, and a team player
- Someone with strong foundation in statistics and advanced marketing analytics.