location: Sydney | job type: Data Analyst | salary range: $75,000- $95,000 | job type : Full -Time
- Large Organisation offering Investment into your Career
- Excellent Salary Package with Great employer Benefits.
- Join a dynamic and innovative project team.
We are currently short-listing two Data Analysts positions on behalf of an Enterprise Organisation in Sydney. These roles will suit career driven and dynamic individuals who are looking to enhance their career experience. You will have a minimum of three – five years working within enterprise data projects. You will possess a passion for Data Analytics and the future of Big Data.
Key Career Skills and Job Functions
- Collaborate with stakeholders, marketing team and senior managers to generate and interpret reports and analyses supporting data-driven strategy development and decisions. This includes the development and testing of hypotheses and the design and tracking of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Within a general priority framework provided by the Analytics Manager, the Data Analyst will independently manage a steady queue of information and analysis requests and regularly report status to the Analytics Manager.
- Work closely with both internal and external customers to identify their information needs and creatively define the combination of data assembly, analysis, and visualisations needed.
- Demonstrate full accountability for delivering high-quality output with a consistent focus on increasing the client’s ability to make empirically informed, data-driven decisions.
- Analyse and report on data contained in the data warehouse using database queries (HiveQL and/or SQL) and UNIX-centric scripting languages such as Python. The use of Hadoop technologies such as MapReduce and Hive may be required for some tasks. Prior experience with Hadoop is desired.
- Assist in ongoing development and maintenance of both the Data Warehouse and unit-specific “data marts” utilised for OLAP and Business Intelligence processing.
- Escalate significant issues and recommend action steps to the Analytics Manager as needed.
Data Talent is exclusively focused on Business Intelligence, Business Performance Management, Data Warehouse & Big Data Recruitment across Australia. We are committed to your personal and professional career development.